FREE Pharmacy Tech Certification Tests
- Updated for the New PTCB Test™
- FREE Practice Exams and Quizzes
- Realistic Questions and Explanations
- Practice Pharmacy Tech certification Tests
- Forums to ask and answer questions
Prepare here for the pharm tech exam with FREE pharmacy tech quizzes, tutorials, forums, top 200 drug list, testing information, YouTube channel, Realistic Final Exam, (which is just like taking a shorter version of the official exam) and much more on this site.
Check out the multiple free practice tests, which are presented in the same multiple choice format as the official pharmacy tech certification test, which is usually the PTCB exam™.
And, unlike most other pharm tech practice test questions you'll find
online, the questions here are more realistic, and mostly full length
situational word problems designed to make you a better overall thinker
and test taker.
site is designed to accompany a formally structured tech program, or to
just practice taking multiple choice tests. It's not a complete or
stand-alone curriculum. If you're just getting started and curious about the profession, please read this article about what pharm techs do to get an idea of the day-to-day duties.
Test format of the
New PTCB exam revealed.
This PAGE will explain
what to be prepared for,
and the best method to
practice for the big day.
Visit the YouTube Channel
Click HERE for a review of the new PTCB test, based on my experience taking the re-designed exam after it was re-released late last year.
Who needs to take the Pharmacy Tech Certification Test ?
Many states now require taking the PTCB exam™ before they will approve a state license. And, even if a state doesn't require it, many companies have adopted their own policy to require national certification through either the PTCB or NHA.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the occupation of pharm tech is steadily growing, and they predict the overall number of technician jobs to increase by 32% over the next decade. These prospective growth numbers are unusually high for an occupation which doesn't require a college degree.
Since over half of pharm tech jobs in the U.S. are in major / national retail stores, a majority of them will most likely be required to take the pharm tech exam (PTCB or ExCPT) at some point. That's why this website was created! The site is totally FREE to use and steadily growing every week. It's advised to take all of the pharmacy technician practice tests on the site, and ask questions if you need help.
table of contents
- Pharmacy Technician Practice Tests 1-10
- Free pharmacy technician practice tests. Study for the national exam with full lenght multiple choice questions.
- Pharmacy Technician Practice Tests 11-20
- Free pharmacy technician practice tests #11-20. Study for the pharm tech exam with full lenght multiple choice questions.
- Pharmacy Technician Practice Tests 21-30
- Free pharmacy technician practice tests #21-30. Study for the pharm tech exam with full lenght multiple choice questions.
- Pharmacy Technician Practice Test
- Pharmacy Technician Practice Tests - Final Exam. Study for the pharm tech exam with full lenght multiple choice questions.
- Prescription Abbreviations
- List of Common Prescription Abbreviations. Also known as Sig Code and pharmacy Terminology.
- Generic Drug Suffixes and Prefixes - Big help with memorizing the Top 200 Drugs
- Learinng Generic Drug suffixes and prefixes help when trying to memorize the top 100 drugs for the PTCB or ExCPT exam.
- DEA Numbers - How to check validity of a DEA
- Decoding DEA numbers step-by-step. Learn how to spot a bogus DEA number.
- Medical Terms and Definitions
- A non-comprehensive list of medical terms and definitions used by pharmacy technicians.
- Pharmacokinetics - What the body does with a drug.
- Pharmacokinetics is the study of what a patients body does with a drug after it's administered.
- Pharmacy Dosage Forms
- Various dosage forms to know for the PTCB, Pharmacy Tech Exam
- Routes of Administration
- Routes of Administration to learn for the PTCB Exam.
- Pharmacy Measurement Conversions
- Core measurement conversions to memorize for the pharmacy tech exam.
- The use of Roman Numerals dates back to ancient times when symbols were used for pharmaceutical computations and record keeping. Some physicians still use Roman Numerals in dosage calculations.
- Pharmacy tech math
- Pharmacy tech math tutorials about Alligations, proportions and other things you may find on the the PTCB exam.
- Pharmacy Math Alligation
- Pharmacy Math Alligation, sometimes referred to as tic-tac-toe math is used to determine solution dilution compounding.
- Temperature Conversions
- Formula's and tutorials for temperature conversions
- Medical Dosage Calculations
- Formulas for calculating adult and pediatric dosages.
- Pharmacy Math Decimals
- Pharmacy Math Decimals
- Business Math to study for the Pharmacy Tech Test
- Tutorial about business math to study for the pharmacy tech exam.
- Top 200 Drugs list to Memorize
- This is the Top 200 drugs list to memorize in preparation for the PTCB or ExCPT.
- DEA Schedule drugs from the top 200 drug-list
- List of the DEA schedule drugs from the Top 200 Drug List
- Pharmacy Tech Questions
- Interactive forum for pharmacy technician students to ask questions related to taking the PTCB or ExCPT exam.
- Math Questions Forum - Ask and answer pharmacy math calculation questions.
- Ask Pharmacy Tech Math questions. Interactive forum to help sharpen your math skills.
- pharmacy-tech-test.com facebook page
- pharmacy-tech-test.com facebook page
- Pharmacy Tech Training Blog
- Pharmacy Tech Training Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the pharmacy-tech-test.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Job descriptions for pharmacy technicians and assistants.
- Article about job descriptions for pharmacy technicians and assistants. Includes hospital and retail pharmacy, as well as insurance, and other related pharm tech positions.
- Pharmacy Tech Book Reviews
- Pharmacy Tech Book reviews and suggestion for self study and as a companion to online pharmacy tech programs.
- Site Map for pharmacy-tech-test.com
- Official Site Map for pharmacy-tech-test.com, the free resource for studying for the PTCB and ExCPT exams.